I really don’t exchange gifts with very many people. My gift exchanges typically consist of my parents and little H so this list, as much as anything, is a list of items of various price points that I hope to end up with in the upcoming year!
- Dry Bar 3-Day Bender 1.25″ Digital Curling Iron— As most people know, I love curling rods. I have a plethora of items to help me curl and bend my hair into every which way, but there is something about this tool that I especially like. I don’t know which quality I like better, the fact that it gets extremely hot, which my thick coarse hair appreciates, or that it is a combination of automatic and manual movements. Either way, I love it.
- Louis Vuitton Zippy Wallet — Every wish list needs a big ticket item, and this one is mine! Earlier this fall I purchased my first Louis Vuitton purse, the medium sized Never Full. Because it was so expensive and probably the only one I will have for a long time, I opted for the traditional monogramed pattern. Even as I purchased it, I wished that I had the money for the Zippy Wallet in the Damier Ebene Canvas pattern. It is the perfect wallet for all of my needs: plenty of room for cards, holds your cash flat and zips up to keep all of your belongings safe.
- Iluminage Skin Rejuvenating Eye Mask — For most of my life I have had terrible sleeping patterns. One of my biggest struggles is that I sleep softly. For years I have read the benefits of using eye masks to block out light and recently I found the Illuminate Eye Mask. This copper infused mask, like typical eye masks, blocks out light while also fighting fine lines and wrinkles!
- Yeti Rambler 30 oz. — I have always struggled to drink enough water. It’s weird because I love water, but I have noticed I can only drink it if it is extremely cold. Enter, the Yeti. The Yeti Rambler is a 30 oz. travel mug that keeps cold drinks cold for up to 24 hours and (hot drinks warm for 12 hours). While not as cute as some other options (Swell, Contigo, etc.), it is the perfect size and function!
- White Bluetooth Ear Muffs — I love ear muffs, but living in Texas does not provide me with many opportunities to wear them. Of course a silly thing like weather does not impact my accessory choices! What makes these particular ear muffs even better is the fact that they are bluetooth enabled! I can listen to my favorite music while also keeping my ears warm. Perfect combo!
- Big O Key Ring— A few years ago, I was in my favorite Starbucks and while I was looking around at all of the moms getting their caffeine boost before taking their kids to school, I noticed that many of them had these leather bracelets that held all of their keys. It took me a long time to find where to purchase them (apparently, it didn’t occur to me to ask someone).
- Clinique Skin Repair Serum — A wish list of mine would not be complete without a skin care product! That honor goes to Clinique’s Smart Custom-Repair Serum. What sets this serum apart from the rest is the fact that it modifies to your specific skin. Because of this, it can be used with any skin type! While fighting the typical fine lines and wrinkles, it also boasts the ability to return your skin to it’s youthful glow!
- ReMEDies Cool Mist Humidifier — A humidifier is one of those items that I have always wanted, but never cared enough to truly purchase for myself. The more I read about them though, the more I think I need one. I have terrible sinuses and can’t tell you how many mornings I wake up with headaches. Supposedly cool mist humidifiers help that. Additionally, they are great for your skin during the winter!
- Blanket Scarf — Like most winter accessories, I always feel a little ridiculous loading up on scarves, but all fall this particular blanket scarf has been popping up on my Facebook feed. Finally, one day I clicked on it and LOVED it. The red and black version is totally me and I love that I can wear it in so many different ways. This is something I am definitely hoping for this holiday!
- NuFace Mini Facial Toning Device — I am a huge fan of Korean Skin Care Routines. Part of the protocol consists of facial massages to stimulate the skin. This is the step that I struggle with the most, but this device will take care of that for me! There is a large version that consists of various add ons to focus on target areas (corners of mouth, crow’s feet, etc) but I think this one is good enough for me!
That completes my 2015 wish list (or at least my top 10 wishes)! What are you hoping for this holiday season? Follow my Instagram @Jessicasgoneviral to see which wishes become reality!
My previous gift guide (click here if you missed it) included the perfect gifts for all of the hair, skincare and makeup enthusiasts in your life, but what about everyone else? Below are my top ten gift ideas that (almost) anyone would love to receive!
- Hunter Boot Socks — I love my Hunter boots, but what i love even more are the socks that you can buy to wear with them. They are made specifically to wear with your boots, fit comfortably inside and keep your feet perfectly toasty! They come in a variety of colors and styles. I love pairing my cream sweater socks with my red boots!
- Lulu Guinness Umbrella — This is one of those items that I never wanted to purchase for myself, but once I finally did I loved it. It is adorable, easily fits two people and doesn’t turn inside out when it’s windy. These umbrellas are such conversation pieces, people always ask where I found it and how they can get their hands on one! If you don’t find one you like on their website, head to Amazon and Ebay for even more choices!
- Ugg Slippers — I was slow to jump on the Ugg slipper bandwagon. There were two main reasons for this: 1. As their name implies, they are ugly and 2. I really like slippers that cover my ankle (due to various ankle injuries, I am basically a robot and have various bits of metal in there that don’t respond well to the cold). I finally gave in and purchased some this Fall and realized what an idiot I was, these things are incredibly comfortable and super warm. There so many styles, there is certainly a pair for everyone on your list!
- Starbucks Tumblers/Mugs — Earlier this fall, I became obsessed with the new Starbucks Dot Collection tumblers. I rarely drink hot coffee, and somehow ended up with 5 tumblers and a coffee cup. They are super cute and selling out fast.
- Novelty Flash Drive — I am a firm believer in making even the most boring items (i.e. flash drives) exciting. Last year I needed a new flash drive for school, so while avoiding some homework I had to finish I decided to do some online shopping. It was at this time that I came across a USB that looked like a piece of sushi. I obviously had to have it. If sushi isn’t your thing, Amazon and Ebay have tons of options more your style!
- Hulu Subscription — If you read my Thanksgiving post (if you didn’t, click here), you know that I am thankful for Hulu. Let’s be honest, Hulu is Netflix’s redheaded step child, but it is awesome. With Hulu, you are able to catch up, commercial free, on current seasons of your favorite shows. It’s one of those gifts that you can totally live without, but why would you want to?
- Touchscreen Gloves — One of my favorite Winter fashion accessories are gloves. For some reason, they make me feel as though I am in a snowy wonderland, rather than Texas. Like most people, I have a smart phone which makes gloves a burden. Last year I finally purchased some tech gloves, which allow you to use your phone while also keeping your hands warm! These are a must for anyone with smart phone!
- Cashmere Throw — My mom is an incredible gift giver (and an even better stocking stuffer). Many years ago, she saw on the Today show that cashmere blankets are an incredible gift for the travelers in your life, so she purchased some for our family members. The Today Show was right, they do make fantastic presents and wayfair.com has a bunch on sale right now!
- Kendra Scott Earrings — Much like the Ugg slippers, I was slow to jump on the Kendra Scott bandwagon. The main reason was that I didn’t want to have accessories that everyone else had, but I have found some seriously cute items that not many other people have. My current faves are these ear cuffs, which come in multiple colors!
- Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling — I have a not so secret obsession with Mindy Kaling. Not only is The Mindy Project one of my favorite shows, I loved her last book (Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?) and couldn’t wait for her latest to be released. As expected, I loved it. Personally, I purchased the audiobook and listened while driving to and from work and school. This book actually made me look forward to my commute, rather than dread it like most days!
That completes my 2015 Gift Guide. Stay tuned for my personal wish list. Happy Holidays (shopping)!
I am a total sucker for holiday lists. As soon as they start popping up all over my social media accounts, I excitedly click through them discovering items that I never knew I couldn’t live without. This year I am creating my own list for all of the beauty loving, techie, fashionistas in your life! These are my very favorite products that make me happy and make me, “me!” I am starting off with my favorite beauty and skincare products, stay tuned for part two!
For the makeup enthusiast in your life
I haven’t been wearing makeup that long (roughly a year and a half), but in that time I have researched, tested and reviewed countless brushes, palettes and products. Below are a list of my very favorite products that any makeup lover would love to add to their collection.
- Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush. I am absolutely obsessed with this brush. If I could take only one face brush to a deserted island I would quickly pack this one away. It smooths out my cc creams and foundations with such ease and smoothness. I haven’t found another brush that remotely rivals this one!
- French Kisses Melted — $25 Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love Too Faced Melted Lipsticks. The colors! The shine! The length of wear! I love them. Too Faced has released this set 4 of minis which is the perfect way to try them out.
- Butter London RSVP Set — $29. Nail polish is my first love, and Butter London has always been one of my favorite brands. This spring they released a new 10x Shine formula and it is fantastic. Polish stays shockingly shiny (and stays put) for days and days. This set includes minis of 4 classic shades.
- Urban Decay Naked Palettes — $29 – $54. I love the UD Naked collection. I have every full size palette, basic palette, even Naked on The Run. My personal favorite is Naked 2, but everyone has a strong affinity to a specific palette based on their skin tones and preferences. If you aren’t sure which one to grab, go for the original. It’s a classic!
- Sigma Basic Eyes Kit — $77. I know many people rave about Mac brushes, but personally, I prefer Sigma. I have slowly acquired most of their eye brushes, and this set includes all of my faves. This set includes 7 brushes that will help you achieve all of your favorite eye looks!
- Benjabelle Daisy Brush Tree — $19.99. This is one of those items that you don’t know you need until you have one, and can’t believe you lived so long without it! Cleaning your brushes is one of the downfalls of loving makeup so much and it is important to dry your brushes upside down so that you can make them last. This stand fits brushes of various shapes and sizes and removes wasting time trying to find ways to keep your brushes upside down!
For the hair/skincare enthusiast
- Clarisonic — $99+. When people ask me about improving the skin, the first thing I ask is if they have a Clarisonic brush. For me, it was the most essential part of my skincare routine. Not only does it get my face incredibly clean, it also exfoliates! There are always promotions for these brushes during the holidays, so snatch one up!
- Aztec Clay Mask — $9. This is a little set that I have started putting together for gifts. It is no secret that I love face masks, but my absolute favorite is the Aztec clay mask. I mix a little with some Braggs apple cider vinegar and wait for the pulsating to begin. When I take it off, my skin is the softer than it has ever been. For the holidays I would purchase the duo and put a pretty bow on it!
- The Face Shop Living Nature Face Masks (Set of 15) — $16. With the increased awareness of Korean Skincare routines, paper face masks have become extremely popular. I have tried multiple brands and my favorite remains The Face Shop. Each mask is soaked in natural essences, smell incredible and soak nicely into my skin. One of my complaints with face masks is how they slip around, so I use a mask cover ($3.50)to keep it in place!
- Boar Bristle Brush — $12. Boar bristle brushes are an essential component of my weekly hair routine. They help diminish my natural frizz while also massaging my scalp (to reduce dryness). Everyone should have one!
- Silk Pilowcases — $10 each. For years I heard about the benefits of sleeping on silk pillowcases. They reduce wrinkles and keep your blowouts from getting out of control while you sleep! This summer I finally purchased some and my hair has never looked better!
This completes my beauty and skin care gift giving guide! Stay tuned for my favorite gifts for all the fashionistas in your life.